We have moved! Our new address is: Unit 18/658 South Road, Moorabbin, VIC, 3189
Welcome to Counting Sense
We are a full service Bookkeeping Practice, working with Xero and MYOB accounting software. Whether you are starting up or a business that is established and growing, we have the right people to get your bookkeeping organised, up to date and flowing smoothly.
You just select the services you need off our Menu of Services and we will fit our services to suit your needs.
We are pleased to announce our latest service – The 20 Point Financial Health Check. If you have a bookkeeper but are not...
Counting Sense specialises in remote bookkeeping throughout Australia. About 85% of our clients use this simple, straightforward...
Perhaps you have a great system for keeping track of all your bookkeeping and would prefer a bookkeeper to just check your...
As registered BAS Agents, we are approved by the Australian Tax Office to lodge BAS’s and IAS’s. Our BAS + IAS...
We specialise in Xero and MYOB & can help you with; Setup and customisation of software Software installations and upgrades
We believe that when you require training in your bookkeeping package, you want training on the things YOU NEED TO DO on a daily...
We’ve made bookkeeping easier & faster = saving you time & money
The Counting Sense Way
- Obligation free discussion about your bookkeeping needs.
- You select from a bookkeeping Menu of Services.
- You enter your sales.
- We send you a pre-paid satchel weekly or monthly.
- You fill it and pop it in any post box.
- Or use Receipt Bank and your bills never leave your office.
- We do all other necessary bookkeeping bits.
- We send you a Profit & Loss report (and any other specialised reports you require).
- We lodge your BAS.
- We send all your paperwork back in nice folder.
- We prepare your End of Year books for your Accountant.
The Old Way
- You enter your sales.
- Your bookkeeper takes your data file for a week each month to reconcile your bank (you can’t enter sales in this period)
- When you get your data file back, you enter a weeks worth of sales.
- You continue to enter sales for the next 3 months.
- Your bookkeeper takes your data file and then advises you there has been a 2nd data file created and you have entered all your sales for the month on the wrong data file!
- You re-enter all your sales on the correct data file and give it to the bookkeeper to take away for a week … etc
- Sounds familiar? It’s time to talk to us!
"We have used Counting Sense (formerly Top Shelf Bookkeeping) for the past couple of years and have found Barb to be extremely responsive and easy to get on with at all times. Our books are in better shape than they have ever been and we would recommend her services to anyone wanting a reliable and trustworthy bookkeeper."
- Kate, Hilton Cabinets
"Barb, just a note to say how impressed I am and how pleased I am with what you guys are doing for us. That Jenny is an absolute genius! Everything is done so professionally and in such a timely manner. Good on you, doll. You've got a great team."
- Carolyn, TrimPile
"Barb, Thankyou so much for your professional assistance in setting up MYOB for our association. You made a very daunting task very easy, and saved me hours of time trying to work through the manual. You're a gem!"
- Fran, Dental Hygienists' Association of Australia
"Barb and Jay, I can't thank you enough for sorting out all my accounts. I would happily reccommend Counting Sense to anyone looking for a professional and experienced team with a no nonsense approach."
- Melissa, Artisan Media